1. Fast the rice grasshoppers overnight.
2. Boil rice grasshoppers in boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, then let them cool and dry in the sun (about 1 to 2 days).
3. Season with soy sauce and sugar. (Typical amounts: 400g of sugar and 300g of soy sauce for 1kg of rice grasshoppers.
4. Put them in a flat pan, press down with a drop-lid, and simmer until all the liquid is gone without burning.
1. Wash Stonefly larvae under running water to remove any debris or pebbles.
2. Boil them (some people boil them from water, some people put them in boiling water).
3. Wash again in cold water (it is good to wash several times in different water).
4. Season with soy sauce, sugar, and sake or mirin (typical amounts: 150 ml soy sauce, 150 g sugar, and 150 ml sake or mirin for 1 kg turban shell).
5. Place in a pot and simmer over high heat.
6. When the liquid is almost gone, lower the heat and simmer until the liquid is gone, stirring to prevent burning.
1. Wash hachinoko in water.
2. Season with soy sauce and sugar.
3. Boil down further.
Traditional cooking methods
・Boil it in soy sauce (common) → "Kinu-no-zero".
・Deep-fry in oil and sprinkle with salt → "Kinu no Hana".
・Other methods include frying and seasoning with tide and soy sauce, or deep-frying and dipping in soy sauce.
・Put it on a skewer, roast it over a fire, and dip it in soy sauce.
・Cut into slices and eat with grated soy sauce.
・Fried with oil, etc.
1. Soak in cold water overnight.
2. Drain off the water and fry slowly in sesame oil.
・Grill with soy sauce
・Fry in oil
・Dip in soy sauce
・Boil with salt
・Grill and eat with soy sauce
・Fry in oil and eat, etc.
1. Put the adult insects in boiling water.
2. Boil with sugar, soy sauce, honey soy sauce.
1. Push out the entrails.
2. Remove the legs and wings.
3. Simmer in sugar and soy sauce.
1. Wash well to remove any debris.
2. Place in a saucepan and boil with a little water.
3. Add soy sauce and sugar or honey, and simmer until the liquid is absorbed.
・Insects such as tsuyumushi and umaoi → Tsukudani or Yamato-ni
・Larvae and adult insects such as Euconocephalus thunbergi and Tettigonia Orientalis → Grilled or tsukudani with sugar or soy sauce